This hall houses Juichimen Kannon Ryuzo (Standing Statue of Eleven Headed Kannon or Eleven Faced Goddess of Mercy), a masterpiece of carving made by a Buddhist sculptor Enshin in the period of the Fujiwara’s regime. It was transferred to this Hall in 1289 in accordance with an imperial command issued by Kameyama Joko (a retired Emperor). The original building was destroyed by repeated fires. The present Hall was reconstructed in 1674 in the Edo period. It is an austere multilayer architecture with length of 9ken from east to west and 7ken from south to north respectively. A praying ceremony for avoidance of bad luck is held in March every year.